Thursday, January 2, 2014

The More I Paint

Yesterday a group of women sat together and made vision boards as a way to begin the year.  Since I begin a new journal every year, I put my vision boards on the inside covers of my journal so they are always with me.

Here's the board and some of the thoughts that came with this page:

Journal Vision Board - #1
The new year is the perfect time to ReImagine our lives and to remind ourselves that we are "never done." Sometimes (sometimes?) when I start a new project, I over-complicate it so this is a reminder to start simple and follow the path ... in this case the diamond "stepping-stones" which are there just to remind me that the way doesn't have to be hard or ugly.

This year I want to spend a lot of time being inspired in San Francisco so the picture of Coit Tower is a reminder of that commitment with, again, a caution that it doesn't have to be fast ... I can take my time and wind up in a magical place ... a crystal palace of glass and light and color.  And, of course, ART is part of the destination.

The quote which is too small to read in this picture says, "The more I paint, the more I like everything." -- Jean-Michel Basquiat.  It's probably true that the more we do anything we love, the more we love everything.

So do something you love every day ... that resolution alone might change the world.

PS I am doing Lisa Sonora Beam's 30 day journal process ... if you want to join us, go to http://www.lisasonora.com/rd2/.  It's free and powerful.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful collage, Joyce. Wishing you a most wonderful New Year and here's to hoping we get a chance to meet up with Louise at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maureen ... wouldn't it just be the best to get together after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiring reminders, Joyce. When I grow up (?), I want to be just like you. With love and admiration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky ... you are so sweet! Do we have to grow up?

      Delete
  4. I love your idea of putting your vision board on the inside cover of your journal. I may need to steal that, if you don't mind. And thank you for the link to Root: 30 Day Journal Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can use the idea ... it's not stealing ... it's creative borrowing! Enjoy!

      Delete