Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Rumi: What Was Said to the Rose

What was said to the rose to make it open. Rumi
Remember, the entrance door to the sanctuary is inside you.
-- Rumi

What was said to the rose that made it open
was said to me here in my chest.

8/17/2017 -- Rumi's words this morning drew me into creating this image and contemplating the unending beauty that flows through the universe. It's an easy thing to forget in these days of turbulence.

Today's guidance from The Rumi Card Book:
Reward Card -- Eat on and on, you lovers, at Eternity's table; its feast is forever; and spread out for you.  Prosperity of all kinds is now open to you.
Category explanation from the book: The divine Love that urges our journey ever onward also constantly and lavishly rewards us for every sacrifice we make and every action of true generosity that we undertake.  When the eyes of Love really open in us, we see that life is an unbroken stream of ordinary miracles and that just to be alive is a matchless reward.

8/8/2018 -- What an interesting world. Eryk Hanut, author of The Rumi Card Book, and I have become friends on Facebook, where I learned what an absolutely amazing person he is. His Rumi deck is so important to me that it's one of the few things I brought to México with me.

It is available at amazon.com.





What Was Said to the Rose

What was said to the rose that made it open
was said to me here in my chest.

What was told the Cypress that made it strong
and straight, what was

whispered the jasmine so it is what it is, whatever made
sugarcane sweet, whatever

was said to the inhabitants of the town of Chigil in
Turkestan that makes them

so handsome, whatever lets the pomegranate flower blush
like a human face, that is

being said to me now. I blush. Whatever put eloquence in
language, that's happening here.

The great warehouse doors open; I fill with gratitude,
chewing a piece of sugarcane,

in love with the one to whom every that belongs!

Poem by Jalaluddin Rumi

More about Coleman Barks:   


translation ©2005 — Coleman Barks

7 comments:

  1. This poem speaks so deeply to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, your creation with the rose is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would like to post your art on my webpage: martacweeks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Thank you for leading me back here this morning through your Wandering and Wondering. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested in such topics so I will address page where it is cool described. florarie online cluj

    ReplyDelete