Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rumi: Inside Water

There are amazing things in the ocean,
and there is one who is the ocean.

  -- Rumi

Several years ago, I found a deck of Rumi cards (The Rumi Card Book by Eryk Hanut and Michele Wetherbee) that are used for inspiration and guidance.  You pick a card and the message on the card is expanded by a related message in the book.  So, I'll choose a card each day and we can share the wisdom.

Category:  Love -- Each night, the Moon kisses secretly the lover who counts the stars.
Pay constant attention to the Divine guidance and you will be blessed.
Rumi wrote, "Wherever you may be, in whatever situation or circumstance you may find yourself, strive always to be a lover, and a passionate lover.  Once you possess your heart in love, you will always be a lover, in the tomb, at the Resurrection, and in paradise forever and ever."  -- from The Rumi Card Book



Inside water, a water wheel turns.
The star circulates with the moon.

We live in the night ocean wondering
What are these lights.

You have said what you are.
I am what I am.
Your actions in my head
My head here in my hands
With something circling inside.
I have no name for what circles
so perfectly.


Additional Resource:  Rumi's Continuing Emergence in Our Culture -- a one-hour reading and music.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful series you've begun, Joyceann. And the category is a perfect beginning to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Maureen -- wonderful!

    And his voice reading Rumi -- yup -- I understand!

    I'm excited to participate in the unfolding of your series.

    Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete